Monday, August 27, 2012

Day One Hundred Seventy Three: Chocolate Ice Cream Dance

Sunday my kids asked me for ice cream.  Being entirely too lazy to get out of the house a devoted mother, I made Martha's Chocolate Ice Cream.  A few weeks back, I made Martha's Vanilla Ice Cream, which did not go over well with the Resident Ice Cream Snob (a.k.a. my husband).  Martha's Vanilla Ice cream is too icy and not creamy enough.  The Chocolate Ice Cream recipe is identical to the unpopular Vanilla Ice Cream recipe (with the addition of cocoa powder), so I decided to tweak it.  (Read: make it more fattening.)

Both Martha's recipes call for the addition of two cups skim milk and two cups heavy cream.  To make the recipe more creamy, I used four cups of heavy cream.  Nix the skim milk.

I'm pretty sure the fat cells in my thighs were doing the Macarena.


My kids, of course, loved the ice cream.  My husband said, "you might have something here," a grudging concession that is tantamount to admitting defeat.

Hidden in the kitchen, I did a little dance of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment