Saturday, August 25, 2012

Day One Hundred Seventy One: Church of Rotisserie Chicken

I've recently become a big fan of the grocery rotisserie chicken.  What's not to love, really? They're tasty!  And already cooked!  At my grocery, the rotisserie chickens are actually cheaper than the uncooked chickens in the meat department.  :suspect a conspiracy:

Because of this newfound poultry resource, I've researched new ways to use chicken.  Luckily, Martha has a whole section of recipes using leftover rotisserie chicken.  There are a lot of interesting recipes there, but yesterday I tried Martha's Chicken, Mushroom and Goat Cheese Wrap.  Besides the ingredients in the title, it also has spinach, corn, jalapeno and prepared salsa. Sounds a little schizophrenic, I know.  It looks like Martha confused a wrap recipe with part of a taco recipe.    

But, after you put that seemingly odd mix of stuff in a wrap, prepare to be amazed.  It. is. delicious.  This wrap is worthy of a posh ladies-who-lunch bistro, but it's also hardy enough for the man in your life.  My hubby approved, and I was prepared for him to turn his chicken-is-a-lesser-meat nose up in the air.  

:Official Rotisserie Chicken Disciple:

Maybe I should start a club.  

No comments:

Post a Comment