Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty Seven: Back To School Spaghetti Carbonara

Monday was the first day of school at my house.  This means that summer vacation is officially over and I now have two children in school.  :gulp:

Besides feeling outrageously old, I have never been so happy for school to start in my life.

For Monday night dinner, I wanted to make something the kids would like and something that would be simple to make...So I decided on Martha's Spaghetti Carbonara.  I've never made carbonara before, but Martha says it's usually made with bacon, eggs and cheese.  This one adds half-and-half for "a silky texture."  What that last part means, I'm not sure.

All you have to do is cook the pasta and bacon. Toss with the (raw) eggs and cheese and it's done.  The hot pasta cooks the egg.  :believe it:

If I said that my children inhaled this dish, it would be an understatement. All I know is that I took the photo below and walked over to the sink.  When I turned around, all I saw were empty plates...with the exception of the sliced cucumber, which took the normal amount of coaxing to disappear.  

Spaghetti Carbonara with impatient fingers ready to pounce:

My husband even liked this....although he didn't eat it from a brightly-colored plastic plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment