Friday, August 3, 2012

Day One Hundred Forty Seven: Lionel Richie's Mushroom Tart

There are a few vegetarians in my book club.  I hate the idea of any guest feeling left out, so I always make a meatless main dish. :such a thoughtful hostess:  For this month's meeting, I made Martha's Mushroom Tart.  

I've mentioned this before, but I love tarts.  They are easy-like-Sunday-morning but impressive-looking...especially when you start with store-bought pastry.  (I'm not cheating, the recipe calls for it.) This one mixes onions, spinach, mushroom and goat cheese.  You may want to become vegetarian just so you have an excuse to eat this tart more often.

I made three of these tarts and was secretly thrilled when there were leftovers.  More for me!

I'll have to send one to Lionel.


1 comment:

  1. The tart was divine incarnate. I totes wanted another slab but didn't want to seem all :piggy: Thank goodness the hostess served me a gargantuan slice of Coffee Meringue Pie. :oink:

    ReplyDelete