Monday, August 13, 2012

Day One Hundred Fifty Eight: Replacement Spinach and Prosciutto Lasagna

I used to have this staggering lasagna recipe.  As I've mentioned before, the recipe grew legs and ran away with the circus.  Since it's tragic disappearance, I've rarely made lasagna.  I'm in mourning.

But the other day I ran across Martha's recipe for Spinach and Prosciutto Lasagna.   I thought:
I like spinach.
I like prosciutto.
Let's bake them together between layers of carbohydrates and mozzarella!  :yippee!:
It's a brilliant idea and I should have thought of it sooner.  

Martha suggests you use uncooked lasagna and store-bought sauce.  So I did.  Who am I to argue with Martha?  (Confession:  I am lazy and probably would have done this anyway.)

To our delight, the lasagna turned out flavorful and moist.  The salty prosciutto was a nice touch and turned an otherwise vegetarian dish into a meal suitable for my carnivorous husband.  And since it only makes half a pan, we don't have to eat lasagna for the next two weeks.


Old lasagna recipe??  What old lasagna recipe?

No comments:

Post a Comment