Sunday, August 12, 2012

Day One Hundred Fifty Seven: Some More S'mores?

My son randomly asked for s'mores today.  Since I had the ingredients already (read:  I didn't have to make a special trip to the grocery), I readily consented.

Of course, Martha even has a recipe for s'mores.  Her recipe for Grilled S'mores is not only easy, but also doesn't require an open flame or homemade marshmallows.  I wasn't up for making homemade marshmallows, but my inner cave-woman was intrigued by the open flame.  Fortunately, Martha also has a recipe for making s'mores where the marshmallows are toasted over a gas flame.  Lucky me.

Roasting marshmallows over a gas flame inside is much like roasting them outside over a fire, with some important differences.  The advantages are:
1) You can roast marshmallows inside even when the weather bad outside,
2) You don't have to make a fire, and
3) You don't have to worry about those pesky insects.

The disadvantages are:
1) You don't get to make a fire,
2) Your marshmallow will still catch on fire, and
3) You have to clean up your melted marshmallow mess afterwards.


During this process, one of my marshmallows caught fire causing my son to go into near-panic and later tell my husband that I had caught the house on fire. Not seeing any actual fire damage, this resulted in my husband asking several questions about what the heck we are doing at home while he is at work.

Three s'mores were completed.  This is Miss Photogenic:

No comments:

Post a Comment