Monday, August 20, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty Five: I'm a Poet and I Didn't Know It Gift Wrap

On Saturday I went to a "Sip n' See", to sip champagne and see my girlfriend's new baby girl.  There is absolutely nothing cuter than a newborn baby, and this baby was no exception.  

The arrival of a new baby is such a touching event that I decided to wrap the gift using Martha's Poetic Wrappings idea.  I printed a verse on vellum paper and used it to wrap around the gift.  I used the lyrics to The Beatles "Then There Was You" because it's sweet but not overly sappy.  That didn't stop me, however, from tearing up when I read it.  :overly sentimental here: 

Vellum with printed lyrics:

Completed present with lyrics:

I think it turned out pretty cute, and since my friend is a first-time mom, I have a feeling this little addition may end up in her scrap book.

Congrats, C.  She's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment