Friday, August 17, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty Four: Kindergarten is a Rocky Road Brownie

My two eldest children had school orientation today.  This is the kids' opportunity to meet the teachers, the teachers' opportunity to meet the kids, and my opportunity to begin buttering-up the teachers as insurance for future offenses by my children.  (Since they don't actually receive grades in Kindergarten and Pre-School, I don't consider this a bribe.  I think of it as establishing good will.)

In this case, good will comes in the form of Martha's Rocky Road Brownies.  I actually made a batch of these yesterday, but between my nibbling a few and my children inhaling the rest, I had to make another batch for the teachers today.

These brownies are easy.  They are basically fudge brownies sprinkled with rocky road ingredients (nuts, chocolate and marshmallows).  My son had a ball throwing on the toppings.  He managed to sneak more than a few marshmallows into his mouth.

And they actually look delicious too:

I'm just hoping the teachers remember these goodies on the day my children decide to embrace their inner Class Clown.

Considering my childrens' genes, it's inevitable.

No comments:

Post a Comment