Monday, August 20, 2012

Day One Hundred Sixty Six: Not So Sexy Chores

I have a gas cooktop.  About a month ago the burners of said cooktop started to act funny.  "Funny" as in, they stopped working correctly.  I stopped using one burner altogether because I was pretty sure my kitchen might explode before the burner lit.  I was afraid I would have to hire a handyman with the butt cleavage to come fix it.

And I'm not fond of butt cleavage.

So yesterday I took matters into my own hands and decided to investigate.  According to Martha, gas burners can sometimes become clogged.  The ports, or the small holes through which the gas flows, can become clogged with food particles or cleaning products.  MS Homekeeping, p. 76.  Martha suggests using a paper clip or piece of wire to clear the ports. No fancy tools needed: 


(That's me wielding an opened paper clip.)

The problem seems to be solved.  :fingers crossed:  Gotta say--this was probably the easiest Martha chore so far.  Now I don't have to worry about my house blowing up the next time I want to cook something...and the only cleavage in the house...belonged to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment