Friday, May 18, 2012

Day Seventy Two: Missing Recipe Search

I'm on the hunt for a new lasagna recipe.

I had a good lasagna recipe.  I printed it out and carefully put it into a binder with other good recipes. About a year ago, however, my recipe disappeared from its home.  Maybe someone took it out.  Maybe it was misfiled.  Maybe the recipe went into the Witness Protection Program and is currently living in Utah under an assumed name.

I don't know.

At any rate, I've tried several lasagna recipes and I've yet to find a satisfactory replacement.  So I decided to try Martha's Classic Cheese Lasagna.  Martha says you can use dry lasagna noodles and purchased marinara sauce as a time-saver, and that's what I did. :cheater:

I like putting the lasagna together.  It reminds me of some elementary-school project:


Completed, cooked lasagna:

I wish I could have taken a more appetizing photo of this dish.  It was good.  My kids (surprisingly) loved it.  I'm surprised not because they are picky eaters, but because they are in that I-don't-like-different-foods-on-my-plate-to-touch age. My son pointed out that lasagna was just liked mashed up pizza without crust and dove in.

In case you were wondering, this recipe was good, but it doesn't replace the missing recipe.  If you happen to see it, please contact me.  I will give a reward for its safe return.    



3 comments:

  1. Are you a ricotta lasagna girl or cottage cheese? I grew up eating the cc kind but B the NYer thinks it just ain't right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ricotta Cheese all the way, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's "rigott" in my house. :eyeroll

    ReplyDelete