Monday, May 14, 2012

Day Sixty Seven: Boil, Boil, Toil and Trouble

Next Saturday we are hosting a fundraiser for my son's school.  Channeling Cajun Louisiana, we are boiling crawfish for the guests.  My husband is doing the boiling.  Of course, this was an excuse for my husband to buy all sorts of new cooking paraphernalia, from pots to burners. I left the store this morning feeling like I was about to conduct a very large science experiment.  In fact, one pot we bought is so large, a person could float down the Mississippi in it.

Okay, not really. But it's close.  Maybe a small person.

Before we served guests, it was imperative that we try out the new toys gadgets. We decided on Martha's Spicy Shrimp and Sausage boil.


As you can see, Martha put celery in her version.  I could not bring myself to do it. :shudder:  Just the thought of cooked celery is foul.  :justmyopinion:

Ingredients ready to be cooked:


We used our new, ridiculously large pot to cook this in, but one could just use a regular, normally large stock pot.

Competed dish:

This was pretty tasty, but the corn was too spicy for our kiddos.

In case you were wondering, all the new toys tools are in working order.  We also had the opportunity to test out our fire extinguisher.  It works exceedingly well.

Saturday, here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment