Monday, May 28, 2012

Day Eighty One: Nearly Perfect Impromptu Picnic

On Saturday, I received the June issue of Martha Stewart Living.  Inside was a article on picnic gear, which one should assemble for impromptu meals at the beach.  MS Living June 2012 p. 22.

Inspired, I readied my picnic basket with the intention, rather than any plan, of having a picnic on the beach in the near future.

So imagine my surprise when my husband suggested we head to the beach on Sunday afternoon for a picnic and fun in the sun with the kids.  And there I was with my picnic basket ready...

To some, an hour drive to the beach after packing all the accouterments of three children heading to the beach for the afternoon isn't exactly impromptu. It was positively spontaneous for us. 

If it had been less spontaneous, I would have remembered my camera and captured the whole thing on film for your enjoyment. 

But, like anything that's truly impromptu, there's always something you forgot at home.  Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment