Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Day Eighty Four: Just Beachy Cupcakes

My son's pre-k class is having an end-of-the year party tomorrow before the Summer break.  The theme for this week:   Summer.

Surprising topic, I know.

I've volunteered to make a dessert for the party.  Considering the theme, I couldn't resist Martha's Shark and Beach Cupcakes.

These are shockingly easy.  After you make the cupcakes and put on the icing, just sprinkle finely-ground graham crackers and top with drink umbrella or paper shark fin.  Too adorable.  It all went smoothly until my kids bumped the cupcake carrier and knocked half of the cupcakes on the ground.

I won't pretend that I didn't curse when that happened.  My daughter actually covered her ears.

Luckily this recipe makes extra, so I just had to re-do the icing and shark fins.  (And wipe the icing off the counter, floor, cabinets and clothes.)  All cupcakes are now safely stowed somewhere high and out-of-reach of curious fingers.

1 comment:

  1. Well if those aren't the most A-dorable cupcakes then I don't know what are!! :beachy love:

    ReplyDelete