Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Day Two Hundred Twenty-Three: Cheese-Wrapped Spinach & Mushrooms (a.k.a. Quesadillas)

Monday I made Martha's Spinach and Mushroom Quesadillas.  They were delicious.  They use pepper-jack cheese and are just spicy enough, but not too spicy.  I followed Martha's recipe, but on two quesadillas I added the bell peppers my kids didn't want on their pita pizzas, and the shrimp I had leftover from the mediocre shrimp.

They were delicious.

I usually make quesadillas in a skillet, but Martha makes quesadillas in the oven.  Please note:  the oven-method is the way to make quesadillas if you are guilty of Overfilling Your Quesadillas/ Tacos/ Fajitas.  I'm not going to point fingers.  You know who you are.  :looks towards my husband:

Both quesadillas were really good, and this is what I've learned:  if you have leftover meat/ veggies/ rice, add some cheese and throw it all on a tortilla.  This is a variation of a theme I started on Day One:  all things are better wrapped in cheese.


I'm just pointing out the truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment