Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day Two Hundred Thirty-Five: Not Your Mama's Paper Chain

My kids woke up at 6 a.m. on Saturday.  They were unbelievably excited for my son's birthday party that morning. All that energy had to be channeled somewhere, so I had them help me with Martha's Curled Paper Chain that I planned to use for decoration at the party.  "Plan" is probably a misleading word, since I just decided to make it around 6:15 that morning.  Before coffee.

It's basically a regular paper chain you used to make as a kid, but every alternating chain is curled to give it a festive look.  My son cut, I curled and my daughter glued.  It took us about an hour to make forty feet of chain.  I suspended it from a tree that hung over the main table. It moved in the wind and made lots of satisfactory swishy sounds.


So cute and festive.

No comments:

Post a Comment