Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day Two Hundred Twenty-Five: Terrible Shrunken Apple Heads

Did you carve apples to make Shrunken Apple Heads as a kid?  I didn't and apparently I'm the only child in America who didn't have this experience.  On Saturday I made Martha's Shrunken Apple Heads with my kiddos.  They "helped" by dictating what the heads would look like.  I carved.

By the way:  I'm terrible at carving apples....even using my kids as an excuse, my apples look like a chipmunk stole an apple and got bored half way through the meal.

I wanted to blog about it on Saturday but since I'm a shrunken-apple-head newbie, I didn't realize the apples take days to shrink.  One of our apples on carving day:

Another face on carving day.  No, the photo is not out of focus.  That's my wicked carving skills at work:

So now it's five days later and my apples have not really shrunk.  At least they have evenly browned:


Seriously.  These are pathetic.  I want a do-over.

2 comments:

  1. You're not alone - I've never even heard of that freakish craft. :heebie jeebies:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.
    :feels vindicated:

    ReplyDelete