Thursday, October 11, 2012

Day Two Hundred Eighteen: Royally Good Parchment Salmon

My husband and I had a somewhat rare "adults-only" dinner last night.  We frequently eat dinner after the kids are in bed, but dinner is often interrupted with one of our three kids needing some last-minute cuddles or a monster-under-the-bed check.  Last night we managed to eat uninterrupted.

For our peaceful dinner, I made Martha's Salmon and Zucchini Baked in Parchment. I've never made anything baked in parchment and was somewhat intrigued by a rumor that Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge made Prince William fish baked in parchment for their first anniversary.  (The traditional first anniversary gift is paper.  Parchment = paper.  Kate's a clever girl.)   I figured, if it's good enough for Kate and Will, it's good enough for me.

I'm not high-maintenance, really.

This dinner is fun to make. And ridiculously easy.  Just cut up the zucchini and shallots and pile them on a sheet of parchment.  Lay the salmon on top with a dab of butter and some dill:

Then fold up the ends like little fishy Christmas presents:

Cook for about fifteen minutes and you have this:


This was really delicious and (besides the tablespoon of butter) really healthy.  It was easy to make, but felt festive.  I served the whole packets on a plate, and opening them was like a little present.

Some might say it was like an anniversary present.

No comments:

Post a Comment