Sunday, October 7, 2012

Day Two Hundred Thirteen: Embarrassing Smoked Salmon Burgers

The other day I made a salmon dish that was pretty terrible.  I can't recommend the sauce, but the roasted salmon sans sauce was excellent.  I decided on Friday to use the leftovers to make Martha's Smoked Salmon Burgers with Grainy Mustard.   This recipe is sort of like a crab cake, but mixes in cooked salmon with smoked salmon, giving it an amazing depth of flavor.  It also calls for watercress, which has a nice spicy flavor.

FYI: Watercress is different from water chestnuts, commonly seen in Asian food.  Not that you would make that mistake like a certain someone I know (i.e. me).  Imagine me in the Asian food aisle looking for water chestnuts when I realize I'm actually looking for a different food item altogether...

:runs back to produce section in embarrassment:

My yummy Smoked Salmon Burgers:

No comments:

Post a Comment