Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day Two Hundred Sixteen: Devilish Artichoke Angel Hair Pasta


I don't eat pasta often, but I've been eyeing Martha's recipe for Chicken with Artichokes and Angel Hair.  The reason is this:  I'm a fan of the artichoke.  We don't use artichokes often enough in cuisine, so it's hard for me to pass up a good recipe featuring said vegetable.  (This is also my rationale for eating three days worth of carbs in one sitting.) 

This was a very easy dish and could easily be doubled for a crowd.  Don't be fooled: the recipe is heavy on the chicken; the pasta is more of a side dish.  This is a good thing for those of us who may be worried about all those carbohydrates....

My dinner:

Despite all the carbs, this is a pretty light (tasting) and flavorful dish.  It's by no means low-cal, but we can't be angels all the time, now can we?  

No comments:

Post a Comment