Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Day Two Hundred Nine: Wheel of (Fortunately Easy) Cleaning

Fall Cleanup 2012 (Part II)

According to Martha, one should clean one's kitchen cabinets every week (MS Homekeeping Handbook, p. 42) and one's woodwork twice a year (MS Homekeeping Handbook, p. 544).  My schedule isn't quite so punctual.  I tend to complete this chore on more of an "as needed" basis, which boils down to whenever I get the enthusiasm to attack the chore, a.k.a. Not Often Enough.

Martha suggests using a soft, damp cloth or undiluted household cleaner for stronger stains.  I use these, which make the job easy:
 
They are brilliant and who doesn't love that bald guy?

I not only cleaned my cabinets, but also scrubbed the scuffs and fingerprints from the woodwork.  Note the before and after photos, which are really more impressive in person.  (Trust me.)
Before:

After:

 Before (Notice the coffee? tea? drips on the bottom of the cabinet):
 After:

Before (Grimy fingerprints): (The owners must have children.)

After:

I could give you a whole tour of the house, but really, it's not that exciting.  Except for me.  I'm stickin' ecstatic!!   :does a cartwheel:   My husband is out of town, but when he comes home I'm going to be showcasing my cleaning job like Vanna White.

No comments:

Post a Comment