Sunday, October 28, 2012

Day Two Hundred Thirty-One: Howl-o-ween Costume Inspiration

My friend and neighbor Christine has an annual Halloween party.  A Halloween Bash would probably be a better description:  anytime 100 people in full costume get together it's bound to be a wild time.

Deciding on a costume for my husband and I is always a bit of a conundrum.  What to be?  Being a thirty-something mother of three excludes some of the more common costumes (scantily-clad vampire/pirate/nurse/superhero/etc).  I hoped Martha could provide some inspiration.  And that's how I found this photo of a Carmen Miranda headdress.  Yes, technically this is a pet costume. Bear with me and try not to laugh too hard.

I started out with a bunch of fake fruit and two large black dinner napkins.  Add a whole lot of hot glue and a couple feathers and you have:


Yes, it was heavy, but I managed to keep it on all night long.
Thank you, Martha for the idea....and thank you, Fido for the being such an inspiring model.

No comments:

Post a Comment