Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Day Two Hundred Twenty-Seven: Eggs, Part II

On Friday afternoon I went out of town for a long weekend at the beach.

On Friday morning I realized I needed to complete my Martha chore for the day.

Thus I present to you:  Eggs, Part II.

Really, I'm always looking for an excuse to use my darling egg cups of which the British are so fond.   Martha's Soft-Cooked Eggs present the perfect opportunity.

Soft-cooked eggs are obviously as easy as boiling water...but there's a trick.  Bring water to a boil then gently drop in eggs.  Take off the heat and let set for four to six minutes, depending on whether you want a hard- or soft-boiled egg.  BUT, this only works if your egg is room temperature.  Take it from me, it took me two several tries to get this right. (If anyone had money on four tries, you won.)
These were so good....and who wouldn't enjoy eating out of these egg cups?

No comments:

Post a Comment