Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Day Three Hundred Fourteen: Sensational Snapper

Martha has a whole section of Healthy Main Dishes.  Like any self-respecting woman who'd like to be a dress-size smaller, I've tried many of the dishes in this section, including Lemon-Rosemary Shrimp, Tuna, Herb-Crusted Salmon, Shrimp Salad, Spicy Cauliflower, along with some others. Yesterday I tried another recipe from this section:  Martha's Red Snapper with Citrus Salsa.

Bonus:  I got to use my almost-never-used steamer basket! I practically had to dust it off before I used it.



Steam the snapper in the bottom basket for about five minutes: 

...then add the spinach on the top basket for a couple of minutes until it wilts.  

The snapper is served over wilted spinach and topped with the salsa, which is a quick mix of a couple oranges, a lemon, a habanero pepper, herbs and spices.

The gorgeous (and delicious) product:

I loved this dish.  LOVED. I day-dreamed about it all day today.  Dinner (and the leftovers) could not come fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment