Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day Three Hundred One: Cold-Weather Chowder

It was chilly at my house on New Year's Day.  The weather practically begged for soup.  I conceded and made Martha's Corn and Butternut Squash Chowder.  It's a super-easy recipe, especially when you happen to have a bag of peeled, seeded and cut butternut squash in the freezer.  :cheater:


Even if your freezer isn't stocked with frozen veggies, this soup is still simply good.  Just cook the veggies then add the broth and simmer.  When everything is tender, blend half the soup in a blender.  This makes the soup thick and "chowderey".  I think I just made that word up.

After I made this soup, I rescued my daughter a princess from an evil dragon, staged a Star Wars battle with my son Luke Skywalker, and repeatedly chased my one-year old a monkey up the stairs.

It was a very busy day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment