Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day Three Hundred Nine: Double-Blueberry Muffins

I've wanted to make Martha's Double-Blueberry Muffins for a while now.  They look delicious in her photo and there is something intriguing about a "double" blueberry muffin.  Are there two kinds of blueberries?  Are there double the amount of blueberries?  I had to find out.

This recipe is interesting because it includes flour and corn meal.  The final texture is....interesting.  It's course and almost like a cornbread.  The "double" portion of the recipe is that some of the blueberries are crushed and mixed into the batter.  It makes the batter look slightly grey, but don't worry.  Like Martha's photo, they look incredible.  Unfortunately, my husband was not shy in telling me he thought they were terrible.


He hated the texture, but I think some might like it.

:sigh:  How disappointing.

No comments:

Post a Comment