Friday, January 4, 2013

Day Three-Hundred Three: Sour Lime Squares for the Sweet

I have a friend who loves anything with lemon.  Or lime.  In fact, with all the sour stuff she eats, it's almost surprising she's so sweet.

As a thank-you for her sweet generosity, I made her Martha's Coconut-Key Lime Squares.  She loves lemon bars, so I thought she would also love these.  This recipe is a twist on the classic lemon bar:  it uses Key-limes instead of lemons and adds coconut and white chocolate to the crust.  


I think these are my favorite lemon (lime?) bars ever.  The lime is fantastic.  I will admit to a few changes, however.  First, I detest shaved coconut and didn't add it to the recipe.  Second, I didn't have quite enough white chocolate for the crust.  Even with these changes, these lime squares were delicious.

I will point out that the recipe says it makes 64 bars.  It's made in an eight-inch square pan.  How one can cut an eight-inch square pan of dessert into 64 bars is beyond me.  Perhaps Martha is also magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment