Thursday, January 17, 2013

Day Three Hundred Fifteen: After-Christmas Gingerbread

Before Christmas I made Gingerbread cookies for my kids.  They loved them.  In fact, they loved them so much, they have been asking for a repeat performance for weeks.  Instead of cookies, Tuesday I made Martha's Gingerbread Snacking Cake for them.

Gingerbread has a ridiculous amount of spices in it. This one has something called unsulfured molasses in it.  The grocery clerk was flummoxed on that one.  (I took some masochistic pleasure in it.)  This one is delicious and not too sweet.  Martha calls it a cake but it could be eaten for breakfast.  Think of it like banana or pumpkin bread.  It's sprinkled with a little powdered sugar.


Delicious.

My kids loved this.  Especially my one-year old who devoured more than her fair share after dinner on Tuesday.  If I'd caught it on camera, this is where I'd insert a photo of a child with food smeared all over her adorable little face.

No comments:

Post a Comment