Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Day One Hundred Eighty Nine: Not Just for Breakfast Cookies

A few weeks ago, I made some Oatmeal Toffee Cookies and joked that because there was oatmeal in them, I could serve them to my kids for breakfast.  (Joke!) After that, one of my friends pointed out that Martha actually has a recipe for Breakfast Cookies.  Of course, I had to try them.

These cookies are packed with nuts, fruit, seeds and oats.  They are topped with a banana chip. (That's a dried banana slice, if you were curious.)  Since my son has a nut allergy, I omitted the nuts, but BOY are these good.  They are chewy and sweet and they just feel wholesome.  Forget breakfast.  These babies are stars at any time of day.

(I wrote the above before I uploaded the photos below.  Please ignore the fact that each of these cookies looks like a little boob with a banana nipple.)



I'll never look at breakfast the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment