Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Day One Hundred Ninety: Slow and Steady Rot Roast

Today was a total nightmare.  It was one of those days where I hardly sat down, much less sat down to eat.  I knew it was going to be a crazy day, so I planned ahead and made Martha's Slow-Cooker Pot Roast.

I know. I know:  pot roast isn't very exciting...especially when made in a slow-cooker.  A slow-cooker is the appliance version of your grandmother's girdle.  But it's hard to go wrong when you cook a piece of meat for ten hours in its own juice.  My ten-month old daughter was even able to eat some...and she only has a four teeth.


Did I mention it also rained cats and dogs?  There is nothing better than arriving home, feeling (and looking) like a drowned rat, greeted by your warm, already cooked dinner.    



Ah........If you looked up "comfort food", next to the definition would be that picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment