Sunday, September 9, 2012

Day One Hundred Eighty Six: Unbelievable Wrap

Yesterday was a gorgeous day here in my neck of the woods.  Unlike Martha, I don't require my guests to wake up for a 5 a.m. hike.  (I was up at 5 a.m. with my children, but that's another story.)  Some of our guests slept in (lucky souls) and had a late breakfast, so around noon I made Martha's Spinach and Artichoke Wraps as a snack.  Wraps are highly underrated.  I don't know why we don't eat wraps more often.  These wraps are a meal of the best kind:  easy to make and delicious.  Just layer provolone cheese, spinach, artichokes and bell peppers on a sandwich wrap:

(I was a cheater and used the roasted red peppers you buy in a jar, which was a solid substitution.)

I cut these into smaller wraps and secured with toothpicks.  They were a great (and pretty) way to tide us over until dinner.  These were so good, some of my guests didn't believe I made them.  Luckily, I had eyewitness testimony and these photos as evidence.  (Where's the faith, people?)                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment