Thursday, September 6, 2012

Day One Hundred and Eighty Four: Chicken Lickin' Good

My kids adore chicken tenders.  Chicken nuggets.  Whatever you call them.  If I let them, they would eat those breaded chicken bits five times a week.  Unfortunately most chicken nuggets are the poultry version of hot dogs:  all the leftover bits mashed together.  As a result, I go out of my way to buy the actual breaded chicken breasts.     

But why buy when you can make it at home?  (Famous last words?) Today I decided to try Martha's Chicken Tenders with Creamy Honey Mustard.  They are breaded with egg and Rice Krispie cereal.  Yes, the stuff you use to make those marshmallow treats.  Snap, Crackle and Pop made an appearance today.  


These homemade nuggets are delicious and easy to make but I'm not a convert.  They were good, but not as good as the breaded chicken breasts I buy at the store.  The honey mustard sauce, however, was a blockbuster.   My daughter kept licking it off her chicken...until I removed it from the table.  

Finger lickin' good?  No, but it was Chicken lickin' good. 

1 comment:

  1. MRS, meet my fave family-friendly chicken recipe. Sorry Martha - Ina's a nice broad though.
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/parmesan-chicken-recipe/index.html

    ReplyDelete