Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Day Two Hundred Two: Quickie-Pasta Dinner

A few days ago I happened upon a whole slew of dinner recipes that Martha claims you can make in fifteen minutes.  Unconvinced they could  a) be made in fifteen minutes, and/or  b) be any good, I decided to try one:  Martha's Beef Tortellini with Arugula and Sun-Dried Tomatoes.  It starts by boiling frozen (or fresh) tortellini and sun-dried tomatoes.  When those are cooked, just drain and toss back into the pot with some butter and arugula ("rocket" to you Brits).  And your done.

:pause for effect:

No really....that's it.

So to review, you have a meal in the time it takes to boil water and melt a couple tablespoons of butter. And it's really good.  Because of this meal, my husband actually called me a "goddess".  It's true.  I can't promise the same for you, but it's a safe bet your significant other will be impressed.  I think my neighborhood Italian restaurant sells this dish for $16 a plate.  It's good-enough-for-company good.

You should make this dish and impress your friends and family.  Don't tell them it only took fifteen minutes.  I won't tell.  (This post is just between you and me.)  

3 comments: