Saturday, September 15, 2012

Day One Hundred Ninety Two: Black Bean Soup and Wine

There is a chain of restaurants in my town that sells Black Bean Soup.  I can't resist ordering it every time I lunch there with my girlfriends.  I'm sure they are wondering why I love it.  :looking at you Kristi and Laura:  Frankly, it looks like dog food... but Holy Cow! It is good.

I decided to try my own version yesterday, so I chose Martha's Spicy Black Bean Soup.  Beware:  this recipe starts with the actual dried beans that require overnight soaking.  If you are looking for a simpler version, this one starts with beans from a can.

After soaking these beans all day, the recipe is surprisingly simple to make.  If you are hanging around the house, say, waiting for the cable guy to show up, this is a great recipe.  It doesn't take much "active" time, but it does cook for about two hours.  Despite the time, you'll be happy to find that this soup is low-cal, high in fiber and low-fat. It is also delicious with a glass of Fume Blanc.

I checked.  Just for you.  

That's how much I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment