Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Day Two Hundred Three: Shake It Up, Baby!

Sometimes you have to shake things up.  Do it a little different.  Like your classic grilled ham and cheese sandwich:  It's a favorite at our house, even if my middle daughter picks the ham out every time.  Martha shakes it up with her Grilled Ham and Cheese with Pear.


"With pear?' you say.  Yes, pears.  It's a tasty combo, and pears are pretty much at the bottom of my Fruit-I-Love List...right above coconuts, which really shouldn't be considered a fruit at all, in my opinion. *
* Technically a coconut is a fruit, a nut AND a seed.  Google said so.  

If I had served these pears alone, my children would not have touched them.  As it was, the pear sort of looks like white cheese, so they gobbled it up before they even realized it.  :So sly:  Mrs. Seinfeld has nothing on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment