Monday, August 13, 2012

Day One Hundred Fifty Nine: Oatmeal Toffee (Breakfast) Cookies

The other day I made these Butterscotch Blondies for a friend.  The recipe uses toffee bits.  Half a bag of toffee bits to be exact.  What am I going to do with the other half a bag of toffee bits?  :exasperated: Luckily, I found Martha's Oatmeal Toffee Cookies.  This recipe calls for   :drum roll:    just about half a bag of toffee bits.   It's perfect.  It's like these two recipes were separated at birth.

Or something like that.


The toffee cookies were chewy and sweet.  Plus, they have dried cherries and oatmeal in them, which almost* makes them acceptable breakfast food.
 
*This statement is not, nor is intended to be, a recommendation for you to eat cookies at breakfast.  It is, in fact, a joke.  And no, Mom, I'm not feeding my children cookies for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment