Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Day One Hundred and Eighty Two: Not-So-Funny Outtakes

Yesterday, when I was being pursued by a Ninja Samurai and a Magic Princess Pony (my two oldest children) and I dramatically fell to the ground in faux surrender (I was the fire-breathing dragon, natch), I noticed something.  As I lie there staring up at the ceiling mimicking (what I believe to be a rather good impersonation of) a slow and tragic fire-breathing-dragon death, I noticed my a.c. outtake vents are rather dusty.  The outtake vents are the ones in the ceiling where the hot/cold air comes out and heats/cools your room, generally improving your comfort level.  Chances are there is at least one in the room where you are sitting now.  Take a good look at it.  Is is clean or do you see some dust hiding there?

One of my vents:

:shudder:

I tried to remember when I last cleaned my vents and I couldn't....how often do those need to be cleaned anyway?  According to Martha's weekly homekeeping guide, you should clean vents every week. I sort of forgot about those vents up in the ceiling.  Oops.

As part of my War On Dust, I not only cleaned all my outtake vents, but I also changed my air filters.  I managed not to injure/kill myself by falling off the ladder in the process.

:hearing applause in my head:

Thank you. I'll be here all week.

No comments:

Post a Comment