Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day One Hundred Two: A Barry Essential Packing List

I'm packing for our summer vacation.  This means I'm packing not only for myself, but also for my three children.  Packing your Everyday Essentials should not be much of a challenge.  Unless you are a mother, in which case it is the equivalent of brain surgery.  See, I have a theory:

Mothers around the world experience a loss in cognitive ability (specifically memory) after pregnancy.  We mothers sometimes call this "pregnancy brain". My theory is that while you are pregnant you actually donate some of your brain cells to your children in utero.  Either that or your brain cells actually die during pregnancy.  I haven't worked that part out yet. At any rate, I'm confident that in the future doctors will discover mothers' brain cell loss.  It will be documented and confirmed.  They will (should) name it after me.  You can say you heard it here first.

Wait and see.

At any rate, I packed up the kids and was satisfied.  Just to make sure I had everything, I checked Martha's Kids Summer Essentials Packing List.  Just as I suspected (and theory confirmed), I had forgotten kids pajamas, hair elastics, head phones (for the plane), and Barry, the teddy bear.

If we would have left Barry, I would have never heard the end of it.

Thank you, Martha.  You have helped me avert disaster once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment