Monday, June 11, 2012

Day Ninety Seven: Fun With Tape and Other Practical Jokes

Besides being Father's Day on Sunday, my anniversary is on Saturday.  I'm sure my husband feels a little cheated in the gift department, but since my birthday is right after Valentine's Day, I'm not sympathetic. 

At any rate, I bought my hubby a little gift for our anniversary.  Just because he complains that I put too much tape on gifts (making them hard to open), I decided to take Martha's suggestion and use decorative tape instead of ribbon on his gift.  So now, not only is the gift tightly wrapped with regular tape, but also there is a (decorative) layer of tape on top.  The thing is like Fort Knox.  He'll never get it open.  I can hardly contain my own giggles at the thought.

The tape comes on a roll just like a packing tape:

Finished product below.  I considered making stripes or possibly a plaid-design so as to really cover the whole thing in this tape.

This is going to be good.  I'm considering timing how long it takes him to get it open.

No comments:

Post a Comment