Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Day One Hundred Eleven: Soft Chocolate Chip Cardboard

I ran across a recipe for Martha's Soft Chocolate Chip Cookies today.  I love a soft cookie and this one has the magic ingredient:  sour cream.  

Dough with two kinds of chocolate chips:

The dough is so soft, it has to freeze for ten minutes before it can be scooped onto the baking pan. The consistency is almost like mousse.  (Confession: I may have tried a spoonful of dough at this point... okay, maybe a few.)

Cookies ready for baking:

Delicious-looking chocolate chip cookies fresh from the oven:

True to the name, these cookies are very soft.  Luckily there is a generous helping of chocolate chips because the cookie dough itself tastes like cardboard.  Salty cardboard.  Not that I've ever eaten salty cardboard, but it's what I imagine salty cardboard tastes like.

Let's just stand back and admire the photo.  It's less fattening that way anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment