Sunday, June 10, 2012

Day Ninety Five: May The Wrap Be With You

Father's Day is coming soon.  This means besides buying a gift for those fathers in your life, you also need to wrap said gifts.  Martha had a really cute idea to use kid's artwork as wrapping paper.  If you are like me, you bought your kids an art table and/or easel hoping to provide your kids with hours of entertainment and yourself with hours of peace and quiet.  During the twenty minutes your children played with this item, the eerie quiet only made you concerned for the safety of your walls. The result is that you now have a roll of craft paper a mile long on which your children have expressed their inner Pablo Picasso.

Instead of sneaking that paper into the recycling when your kids aren't looking, use it like this.  Your children will think they are brilliant artists.  This is a scene I cut out of my roll.  It is my husband and son dueling with light sabers.  Apparently my husband is the one with the large green ears.  He's Yoda.  I'm not sure which character the spiky-haired bugger is supposed to be.   

Competed gift-box featuring Yoda light-sabre scene:

The only problem is that I think my husband is going to like the wrapping paper more than what's inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment