Monday, June 4, 2012

Day Eighty Nine: It's Not Personal: Tequila-Soaked Watermelon

Last week I bought one of those "personal" seedless watermelons.  I guess they call it "personal" because it's small enough for one person.  At any rate, none of the persons in my family is at all interested in watermelon this week.  So, before the watermelon goes bad,  I decided to try Martha's recipe for Tequila-Soaked Watermelon.  

All you have to do is cut up the watermelons:  
make the tequila syrup, and pour it over the watermelon slices. 

Put it in the refrigerator and let sit for at least 45 minutes.  The longer it sits, the better it gets.

At this point, I had to stop myself from using the watermelon to make Martha's Watermelon-Basil Margaritas.     Ahhh.  Excuse me while I stop to ponder the possibilities....



But I digress.  I served the watermelon wedges as dessert for a dinner party with watermelon-lavender sorbet from Scoop Sorbet.

Totally. Amazing.

It was light and fresh and the sorbet set off the tequila perfectly.  AND, It smelled amazing.  There's only one issue:   I was so excited to try it, I totally forgot to take a photo of the finished product.  :OwnPersonalIdiot:

No worries, this was such a memorable (and easy) dessert, I'll definitely be making it again (and posting a photo) soon.  Next time I'm making extra for those margaritas...

1 comment: