Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day One Hundred Four: Relaxing Body Scrub

I'm on vacation and therefore should be enjoying something commonly referred to as "relaxing". You may have heard of this activity (or non-activity).  Maybe you even get to enjoy some relaxing from time to time.  For me, relaxing is elusive...even on vacation.

For this reason, I decided to treat myself with one of Martha's recipes for a Body Scrub.  Just mix epsom salts with oil and a few drops of your favorite essential oil.  I added rosemary oil to mine and mixed it outside...just in case it was messy.

It wasn't messy, but eau de Pepe La Pew was it smelly.  I must have unknowingly created some sort of science experiment because I could hardly stand to be around the concoction when it was complete.

So I quickly closed it up....

...and headed to the beach to try it out. 
My fellow-mommy friend and I scrubbed our heels then walked into the water to rinse it off.  My feet were soft and mommy had some legitimate self-pampering...For approximately three minutes until one of our children started to cry.

No rest for the weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment