Friday, June 8, 2012

Day Ninety Four: Butter Makes It Better

I read Martha's article about compound or flavored butters ages ago, but have never made any. According to Martha, they are easy to make and add a "quick burst of flavor to meals".  I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds intriguing.  As an avid butter fan, I had to try it.  :paging Paula Deen:  

I chose Martha's Jalapeno Butter and Herb Butter.  Hmmm.  My mouth is watering just thinking about the possibilities. 

Chopped jalapenos and garlic with room-temperature butter: 

Room-temperature butter with assorted herbs:

Once you mix it up, plop it on some parchment paper and roll it up.  Refrigerate and slice it off as you need it.

I planned to use the Jalapeno butter on a couple of grilled Porterhouse steaks per Martha's serving suggestion.  Unfortunately, our grill is currently floating away in a torrential rain storm.  No outdoor grilling tonight.  I guess that "quick burst of flavor" will just have to wait until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment