Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Day One Hundred Five: Whopper-Flopper Hair Treatment

As part of my vacation-self-pampering mission, I decided to try Martha's Protective Hair Treatment.  It's simple and Martha claims that I can use the hours spent relaxing on the beach to improve the condition of my hair.

Uh, when can I start?

Martha says to apply several tablespoons of natural oil to dry hair, comb through, and braid or wrap your hair for the rest of the day.  When you return home, shampoo, style and enjoy looking like a Pantene commercial.

I tried this treatment yesterday.  After applying the oil, I put on a hat and sat enjoying the sun and surf, imagining how glossy and healthy my hair was going to look at dinner.  I'm pretty sure I had a vague grin on my face at the thought.  After a while the idea of all that oil in my hair started to gross me out.  I was pretty sure I smelled like the person who manages the french fry deep fryer at a fast food restaurant.


(This is where I would have put a photo of my greasy-looking hair if I wasn't quite so vain.)


Confession:  I couldn't last all day with that stuff in my hair.  I lasted about an hour before I started being thankful I didn't know anyone around...except of course, my family and close friends...but they knew I was weird already.

I did get some compliments on my hair, though.  :shrug:

No comments:

Post a Comment