Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Day Three Hundred Thirty Three: Brownie Lovin'

After making many of Martha's amazing brownies, I decided to try them all.  After all, I'm near the end of my little experiment. There are only a few I haven't made.  One untried recipe is Martha's Caramel Pecan Brownies.  It's a really easy recipe that includes cayenne pepper.

Yes, cayenne powder.  That red spicy stuff.

The cayenne powder cuts the sweetness of the brownies and caramel, but it doesn't make the brownies spicy.  I mixed the pecans in the brownie batter rather than sprinkle them on top, so I could swirl the caramel in a pretty design on the top.


Like the rest of the brownie recipes...these were delicious.  In fact, they were so good that I forced myself to give them away to a friend.  I knew I couldn't trust myself with a full pan of these amazing brownies overnight.

I should have issued a warning with the gift.  The brownies didn't last until the next morning at her house either.

No comments:

Post a Comment