Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Day Three Hundred Forty Five: Dressing Surprise

Over the weekend I made Martha's Flank Steak and Arugula Salad.  The meat makes my husband happy, and the salad makes my waistline happy.  How often do you get to mix red meat with salad greens?  So I admit, flank steak isn't a favorite cut of mine, but this one is well-seasoned and definitely worth a try.


The thing about this salad is the dressing. I loved it, but you may be surprised to hear what's inside it.   Are you sitting down?

Balsamic vinegar and Salsa.  That's all.

I used our favorite roasted chipotle salsa and mixed in the balsamic.  It was spicy and full of flavor.  About knocked me off my rocker it was so good.  Well, I wasn't actually sitting on a rocker, but if I were, I'm pretty sure I would have lost my balance.  Nearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment