Sunday, February 3, 2013

Day Three Hundred Twenty Eight: Outlaw Cheddar Biscuits

The other day I was craving a biscuit.  I don't know why.  My fat intake must have been terribly low.  Those poor little fat cells were probably starving. To fatten them up I made Martha's Cheddar Biscuits. They are pretty easy to make: cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender, then add buttermilk and cheese until a sticky dough forms.

Roll it out and use a handy cookie cutter to make tidy little biscuits:

Biscuits ready for the oven:

And these are my completed Cheddar Biscuits....

Don't they look gorgeous?  I felt like quite the 1950s housewife when I finished.  

These biscuits are amazing.  They are soft with a hint of cheddar-cheese flavor.  Had I been ignorant of the stick of butter in the recipe, I would have enjoyed them more. They are probably illegal in several states.  

No comments:

Post a Comment