Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day Three Hundred Forty Two: Hugs and Kisses Anyway

For my son's Kindergarten class, I decided to make Martha's X and O's Cupcakes for Valentine's Day.  They look like this:

They are simple cupcakes and icing with those little round cinnamon candies in the shape of little X's and O's. I  was impressed with my decision:  cupcakes, icing AND candy?  What Kindergartener wouldn't be tickled pink?

I happened to buy the cinnamon candies first and let my six-year old try them. Like most kids his age, he has an loose, almost liberal policy on candy:  he never declines it.  He liked the cinnamon candies so much he nearly gagged on them.

I think his candy policy is more conservative now.

So, I bagged the X's and O's and made Martha's Chocolate Cupcakes instead.  I tinted the icing pink and piped it onto the cute, if less clever, chocolate cupcakes.


I didn't hear any complaints when the empty cupcake platter arrived home that afternoon.  I think they were a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment