Thursday, February 14, 2013

Day Three Hundred Thirty Nine: Amaretto-Bourbon Punch

Tuesday we hosted a Mardi Gras cocktail party as a fundraiser for my children's school.  I wanted to serve a special cocktail for the occasion, but was unsure what to offer.  To make the best decision, I tried a few new cocktail recipes in advance.

The things I sacrifice for my children.

Friday I tried Martha's Amaretto-Bourbon Punch.   It's not a hard recipe, but the ingredient list isn't short.  It includes seltzer, bourbon, fresh lemon juice, sparkling apple juice, simple syrup, and amaretto. It's garnished with lemon and Maraschino cherries.  In addition to being gorgeous, it's a perfect cocktail for a mixed crowd:  it's full-flavored, but not too strong...sweet, but it won't leave a man wondering where you hid the little paper umbrella.


These were a huge success and for proof I will offer this evidence:  no fewer than a dozen people asked for the recipe and nearly the entire batch (Martha's recipe tripled) was finished before 11 p.m.

I call that a winner. 

Some photos from the party:


Buffet centerpiece:

 Close-ups of the centerpiece:











Another table centerpiece:

King-cake table:

Close-ups of Chandelier:



King Cake fresh from NOLA:



No comments:

Post a Comment