Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Day Three Hundred Fifty: Beefy Rolls

Only fifteen days remaining...I'm currently in a state of shock that I'm nearly finished.

Tuesday I made Martha's Beef and Scallion Rolls for my husband.  He loves beef and Asian food, so I was positive this recipe would be a hit.

It's a pretty simple recipe, although it is rather involved.  First, cook thinly-sliced red bell peppers over medium-high heat and set aside.  After cutting the tenderloin into thin slices, pound each slice between two pieces of plastic wrap until each are 1/8 inch thick.  (If you've had a rough day, take this opportunity to relieve some stress.) Divide the bell peppers and scallions among the newly-flattened slices of beef, roll tightly and secure each with a toothpick.



After browning these little beef rollups, remove the toothpicks.  Make a sauce with soy sauce, rice-wine vinegar and sugar; cook until thickened.  Drizzle the sauce over the rolls.  I served mine with store-bought sushi and spring rolls.


My hubby and I agreed that more salt would not have gone amiss in this recipe.  Other than that, this was a delicious recipe that is fancy enough for company.

I love being right.

No comments:

Post a Comment